Primary Function: Lays out, bores, fills, and trims brush patterns on wood, plastic, or any other materials necessary to manufacture brushes according to specifications. Set up staplers, drawing fixtures, trimmers, and power equipment.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets standard production rates.
- Sets up and operates staplers, hand drawing tools, trimmers, table saws, radial arm saws, band saws, and any other equipment necessary.
- Performs or obtains quality checks on each operational step before proceeding to the next step. Reports any quality issues to the production supervisor immediately.
- Lays out bores, fills, and trims brush patterns according to production order specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance\inspections on equipment and reports deficiencies to the production supervisor.
- Completes necessary paperwork for each production order.
- Keeps work area clean and safe. Returns all tooling and fixtures to appropriate storage locations.
- Follows all safety policies.
- Delivers product to specified area upon completion.
- Assists in training and guidance for new department members.
- Be trained to use a torch.
- May need to help out in other departments on occasion.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Experience with using a variety of small hand and power tools.
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1\32 of an inch.
- Able to use and read an analog and digital caliper as well as other measuring tools.