Department: Automatics Coiler / piston assembly
Primary Function: Sets up / operates coil brush / strip brush / piston assembly machine to producebrushes per specifications.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs complete setup, change over, adjustments to include form rollers, channel coiler, retaining wire, shoe, trimmer, mandrel coiler, piston assembly machine and any other general adjustments to operate the machine.
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubrication, general housekeeping, etc. to maintain a safe work environment.
- Produces product at standard rates or better while maintaining specifications.
- Maintains setup, data sheet and spare parts cabinet.
- Documents SPC (statistical process chart) when required.
- Fills out time sheet and labor summary daily.
- Cuts raw material when necessary.
- Boxes product when applicable.
- Performs or obtains quality checks on each operational step before proceeding to the next step. Reports any quality issues to production supervisor immediately.
- Assists in training and guidance for new department members.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Know-how \ Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basis shop math and understanding of metrics
- Able to use a ruler and various measuring devices such as micrometers and dial calipers
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be detail orientated and accurate with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills
Physical Characteristics Needed for Job
- Pulling: Physical ability to exert sufficient force to draw, drag or otherwise move objects in sustained motion.
- Pushing: Physical ability to exert sufficient force to press or otherwise move objects in a sustained motion.
- Reaching: Extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Repetitive Motions: Physical ability to sustain movements especially of the fingers, wrists, hands or arms.
- Standing/Sitting: Physical ability to remain in standing/sitting position especially for sustained periods of time.
- Stooping: Physical ability to engage in the activity of bending the body downward and forward for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Physical ability to move about on feet to accomplish tasks related to the position.
- Vision: abilities require close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of material up to stated weight below.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs. (Above 50 lbs needs assistants).
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated professional who is passionate about manufacturing and eager to contribute to our company’s growth, we encourage you to apply. Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are a suitable candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schaefer Brush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.