Department: Sales Department
Primary Function: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will work cooperatively with the sales department, clients, and members of the distribution team to service existing accounts and solicit new customers. The CSR will process inquiries and orders, and perform the necessary expediting to assure timely response to customer needs. Respond to customer requests and/or questions regarding products, delivery and/or account information. Analyzes and rectifies customer concerns using established procedures. The CSR will follow a disciplined plan that focused on promoting Schaefer Brush’s defined product families to customers who best fit our targeted profile. Make outbound sales calls and answer inbound calls to approved clients and/or targeted leads. The ideal candidate will enjoy building customer relationships, be goal driven and detail oriented while working in a team environment.
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process purchase orders according to departmental standard operating procedures, focusing on accuracy. Analyze and process all inquiries from customers and targeted companies.
- Gather necessary data and issue verbal and professionally written quotations. Maintain active project follow-up file. Contact accounts within 5 days of quotation to determine status of sale; utilize the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to update client contact information, record sales activities, track progression of the sales cycle, and to share service successes/challenges.
- Provide customers and potential customers with the proper product recommendation and technical assistance.
- Call on customers to maintain existing business, secure new business and promote Schaefer Brush products and capabilities to qualified targets.
- Solicit, generate, screen and select potential customers to add to our industrial customer base.
- Supply necessary and pertinent information to the VP of Sales, Engineering, Purchasing and other departments of the Company to assure proper and expedient handling of customers’ orders.
- Trace shipments when necessary and expedite through proper channels, providing customers with information as requested.
- Maintain an active prospect pipeline and act aggressively to achieve new sales. Utilize the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to organize, track, and manage daily quotes, sales/prospecting activities.
- Confirms proper customer account classification type, distribution code and sales representation assignment.
- Assist the VP of Sales and Sales Department in maintaining current customer accounts; consults with managers informing them of reasons why accounts revenues are fluctuating.
- Inform Management of projects that are of significant sales potential ($5,000+) or interest, such as new product potential or new industry to serve, providing who, what, when and where information.
- Compare selling price to current costs (not catalog items) on all re-orders to assure that minimum acceptable profit margins are maintained and takes action as dictated by VP of Sales.
- Filing of customer orders and correspondence as assigned.
- Assist with invoicing, cash receipts, credit card processing & AP when needed.
- Ability to set priorities – coordinates and completes a multitude of projects, plans and activities in a businesslike manner and timeframe.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language including written, verbal and listening. Have ability to work with and relate to all business contacts using diplomacy and tact, to build constructive and effective long term business relationships.
- Exhibit maturity, sound judgment, and demonstrate cooperation and flexibility when appropriate.
- Detail oriented and accurate. Ability to follow instructions displaying good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Pleasant and professional telephone voice, outgoing personality and professional appearance.
- Proficiency with computers, typing (keyboarding), photocopier, facsimile and adding machine.
- Able to work independently and be dependable.
- Must be a team player.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Business or related degree).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- At least two years’ experience in a support position in a sales and/or customer service arena required.
- Effective in developing formal presentations, customer quotations, programs, reports, etc.
- Efficient in producing accurate and high quality work.
- Strong understanding of the total work environment and a sense of commitment to integrate the various administrative functions for the support of the Company’s overall objective.